Sand is separated from water using CLSW Sand Washers, which also wash grit to get rid of organic matter.
CLSW Sand Washers are employed to remove sand from wastewater while simultaneously washing it to lessen the number of organic particles. A screw conveyor is then used to move and discharge the sand.
The truncated cone-shaped tank receives the water and sand combination, which is dispersed there by a revolving agitator. When mixing, wash water is utilized to assist remove organic particles from the effluent. Through a sleeve attached to a solenoid valve and a flow meter regulating the intake flow, wash water is injected into the sand washer. The tank base has a double bottom with openings in the upper half for the wash water flow.
With a link to the screw conveyor, the agitator moves the sand in a direction toward the tank’s center entrance. The organic particles float as a result of their varied densities, but sand with a grain size greater than 200 m sinks to the bottom of the tank. A weir installed within the tank that is attached to a screw conveyor with a 45-degree slope angle allows clean water to pass through. While moving cleaned grit to the outlet, the screw conveyor minimizes the sand bed inside the input hopper.
o 3 sizes are offered o Flow rates up to 30 l/s o 97 percent efficiency for organic separation
o Made from 304 L/316 L stainless steel
o Spiral made of special ST 52 steel or 304 L/316 L stainless steel
Benefits include: · High efficiency in removing water from sand; o High efficiency in lowering the amount of organic matter; o Lower operating and maintenance expenses.
o Composition: 304 L/316 L SS
Alternate voltage and frequency, a different level of motor safety, and a control panel
Various Sand Washer Types
A sand washer is a washing device that cleans and separates dirt and other contaminants from aggregates of sand (natural or manufactured sand). It is frequently used to wash materials in the road, hydraulic, hydropower, construction, mining, building materials, chemical, concrete mixing station, and other sectors.
The vapor layer of the coated sand can be destroyed by a sand washer, which also removes contaminants from the surface of the sand and gravel. This increases the washing and cleaning impact and promotes dehydration.
Two varieties of sand washers exist the XS type and the XL type.
XS Type Sand Washer The XS type of wheel sand washing machine is mostly utilized for mining sand lifting as well as cleaning mixed dirt and dust.
The wheel sand washer’s transmission components are kept apart from the sand and water, which significantly lowers the failure rate when it is in use.
Key characteristics of a wheel sand washer:
- Fine sand and stone powder are only minimally lost during the sand washing process. The washed sand has excellent graduation, and the fineness modulus can easily satisfy the standards’ criteria.
- The organization is easy. By keeping the bearing components of the impeller drive system separate from the sand and washing water, the failure rate is significantly reduced.
- The cleaned sand is exceptionally clean. At the same time, it is also possible to acquire a big operational capacity, low power consumption, and long service life.
Sand Washer, XL Type Sand, and gravel may be cleaned and separated using a screw sand washer of the XL type. Its innovative sealing design, movable overflow weir plate, and dependable transmission mechanism guarantee the cleaning and dewatering effects.
Key characteristics of a screw sand washer:
- Water input and variable screw speed to regulate product gradation
- The amount of clay or the amount of trash to be removed determines the length of the washer box.
- Very few components are susceptible to deterioration and wear.
More Read On: Spero Magazine