Cannabinoid, or CBD, is a chemical present in the cannabis plant. It’s one of the hundreds of compounds found in cannabis that could help people. CBD is quickly becoming a beauty buzzword, with its legitimacy thoroughly documented and is already appearing on labels of skincare, make-up, and more.
According to research, CBD has natural anti-inflammatory qualities, which could mean minor puffiness, redness, and discomfort. It has also been demonstrated to reduce oil production in the skin, making it an effective acne treatment. CBD is also said to improve your mood, sleep quality, and confidence levels and provide pain and nerve relief.
What Is CBD Cream?
CBD is commonly mixed with oils, such as hemp seed oil, and then used in skin creams and lotions. CBD has anti-inflammatory qualities, according to research, and may help with the symptoms of several skin diseases.
CBD cream may also aid in the relief of sore joints. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more research is needed to see if CBD products are as helpful as other pain drugs like ibuprofen in relieving pain. Broad-spectrum CBD, which contains no or just negligible quantities of THC, is most commonly used in CBD skin lotions. Full-spectrum and CBD isolate the other two prevalent types of CBD.
How Do The CBD Cream Ingredients Help You?
Multiple components are commonly found in CBD face creams. Here’s how each of them can benefit your skin:
CBD is currently being studied in the scientific community, so we still have a lot to learn about what it can do for the skin. However, the current study reveals that its anti-inflammatory properties are responsible for most skin advantages. CBD has been shown to aid with acne, eczema, psoriasis, and even skin cancer. It may also help restore your skin’s barrier, critical for wound healing and hydration.
2. Terpenes and Flavonoids
There aren’t any high-quality studies on whether CBD can help with aging signs yet, but research on terpenes and flavonoids appears promising.
Terpenes and flavonoids are both excellent antioxidants. Antioxidants have numerous health benefits, but when applied to the skin, they aid in preventing oxidative stress caused by free radicals (like pollution, sun exposure, or cigarette smoke)—reduced indications of premature aging equal to less oxidative stress on your skin.
Certain terpenes have anti-inflammatory properties comparable to CBD, so you’ll benefit from them if they’re present in your CBD products.
3. Other Ingredients
Many CBD face creams also contain other substances that are beneficial for hydration, reducing the effects of aging, and addressing various skin issues.
Here are some of the advantages of some of the most popular components you’ll come across:
– Glycerin is the most often used moisturizer nowadays.
– Squalane is a beautiful emollient (aka a skin soother and smoother).
– Hyaluronic acid is a super-lightweight moisturizer with much promise for reducing the indications of skin aging.
– Ceramides aid in rebuilding your skin’s barrier, which helps to keep moisture locked in.
– Sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, cbd oil, and grape seed oil are all excellent hydrations.
Is Applying CBD To Skin Safe?
Dr. Nima Gharavi is a dermatologist and skin cancer surgeon at the Cedars-Sinai Cosmetic Dermatology Program. According to her, CBD may help hydrate the skin and have anti-inflammatory properties, so CBD-containing products could help treat dry skin or inflammatory skin problems.
According to Dr. Gharavi, putting a CBD cosmetic product on your skin will cause little harm. Consult a dermatologist if you develop skin irritation, a rash, or an allergic response after using any form of a skincare product.
Diarrhea, fatigue, and a change in appetite or weight were among the most common side effects of CBD products, according to a 2017 analysis of data and research. According to the same review, the products have fewer adverse effects than other pharmaceuticals used by doctors to treat the same diseases.
The American Academy of Dermatology Association (AAD) reported that contact dermatitis could be a side effect of skin creams. However, it can happen with a topical lotion, not just CBD skin creams. The AAD maintains that CBD creams contain little to no THC, implying they won’t get you high.
Steps To Take Before Including CBD In Daily Skincare Routine
For now, know that CBD products are generally safe, and preliminary findings suggest that they may improve the appearance and texture of your skin. Just don’t expect it to be a cure for all skin problems. In other words, consult your dermatologist before switching to CBD-containing products, and don’t use CBD products to address any new skin concerns until you consult with your dermatologist. If you’re thinking about trying CBD skincare, here’s what you should know before you buy:
- Put it to the test: Most people readily accept CBD. Even so, it’s worth knowing that whatever’s in the product won’t irritate or aggravate your skin, particularly if you have a delicate complexion.
- Research: When beginning to utilize a new product, it is critical to conduct research. On the label, the dosage and warnings will usually be written.
- Inquire about it: There may be licensed dispensaries in your area, depending on your state’s rules. Frequently, the people who work there have the most up-to-date information on product testing, third-party verification, and brand recommendations.
- Talk to a dermatologist: CBD products might be an excellent addition to your treatment plan if you have a skin condition. They might be helpful or might not be. One excellent CBD product to supplement your skincare routine is CBD moisturiser. This will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and is also excellent at combatting skin issues such as psoriasis and acne. You can find one of the most popular CBD moisturisers, which is also vegan-friendly, at Cannacares. Buy here https://www.cannacares.
CBD skin lotion may benefit persons suffering from eczema, psoriasis, arthritis, and inflammation, among other ailments. CBD skin creams are available from an array of brands. A new person to CBD products should start with a minimal amount and progressively raise the amount overtime if necessary. A dermatologist can advise on the safest methods for using CBD products.
More Read On: Spero Magazine