One of the most pleasant yet cost-effective ways of filling your home with sweet and long-lasting fragrances is the use of wax melts; however, some people find the tax of cleaning their wax melt burners a tad difficult. The wax melt burner helps to heat wax shapes over the burner, and this releases simple and sweet fragrances into the air.
But when the time comes, you need to be able to remove all of the wax from the warmer every day; if not, you have your burner looking messy, which I know you definitely would not enjoy. In this article, we will be looking at how to clean wax melt burners without damaging the burner and putting excessive stress on yourself. Before we go into the cleaning process, here are some things you should not do when tackling the cleaning process.
- Avoid trying to use your kitchen knife and other blunt objects you have at home to clean your burner, as this may damage or break it completely.
- Under no circumstances should you place your dish or burner in the refrigerator because doing this could crack and ruin the burner completely.
- Always ensure you inspect your burner after cleaning because if there are cracks, it could lead to a big fire.
How to clean wax melt burners
Now that some of the precautions you have to take are out of the way let’s take a look at how to clean wax melt burners with good results to show for it.
- Wait for your wax to cool: many of us try to clean our burners when the wax is still hot, thinking that this will help get it off completely, but this can be a total waste of time for you, especially because you’ll still find a considerable amount in there when it is dried.
- Add a little bit of heat to the remaining wax: once your wax is fully cooled, you can take it off. Then, add a little bit of heat to the wax left on the burner by using a fresh candle (especially those using a tealight warmer). Leave this for thirty seconds, and then once the solid mass around the sides and edges are loosened up, all you need to do is wrap your hands around kitchen rolls and gently clean off all the wax from the burner. At this point, it can come off easily, allowing you to properly clean the burner without any stress.
Every piece of equipment you have requires proper cleaning because this is the only way it is going to last as long as you need it to. With the proper cleaning and maintenance of your wax melts burner, it will stand the test of time and effectively last long for you to enjoy. So, now that you know how to clean wax melt burners, start cleaning them up real good and enjoy all the benefits of a clean burner; good luck.
More Read On: Spero Magazine