DisneyPlus is set to launch on November 12, and you’re probably just as excited about it as we are! So, in order to get you ready for all of the magical content that will be available in its library when it launches, we’ve put together this handy guide to help you get set up and watch it right away! Let’s go over how to activate your DisneyPlus account at disneyplus.con/begin and start watching right away!
Activate Your Account
If you’re ready to start streaming, all you need is a subscription. Here’s how to log in and set up an account.
- First things first: You’ll need a device that supports Google Play. That means Android phones and tablets, as well as Roku players and TV sets with built-in Google Cast functionality.
- Next, sign up for a free trial at DisneyNow.
- After you register your email address, open the app on your phone or tablet or search for it on Roku or through Google Play Music if you’re using an Android phone or tablet—and boom! You’re ready to start watching Star Wars content right away!
- In order to watch Marvel movies and TV shows, though, you have to go back into your account settings and link your accounts so you can stream from other apps. To do so, follow these steps: a) Open DisneyNow, then tap Settings in the upper left corner of the screen b) On Settings scroll down until you see Sign In/Link Accounts c) Tap Link Accounts d) Enter your login information from either Hulu or Netflix e) Scroll down to see what services are available f) For each one select Link My Account g) Then confirm that’s what you want to do. That’s pretty much it!
- Keep in mind that during your free trial, which lasts three months but may end sooner based on how often you use your account, you’ll only be able to stream and download content from Disney’s streaming service (so no purchases). After your trial expires, you’ll begin paying $6.99 per month (or $69.99 annually), unless you cancel before then; keep in mind there is no option to view ads instead of paying —you’ll still have access to everything offered by Disney+.
- The more expensive plan will give you access to more than 20 original series as well as exclusives like Avengers: Endgame, which won’t appear anywhere else.
Connect to Wi-Fi
Once you’ve set up an account, make sure to connect your device (phone, tablet, etc.) to a Wi-Fi network before starting any downloads. For many users—especially those who don’t have unlimited data plans—the first time they use DisneyPlus will count against their monthly allotment of bandwidth. The easiest way to do that is by connecting over Wi-Fi—and it should only take a few minutes. Once you start watching videos or shows on other devices, though, you can simply disconnect from WiFi without having to worry about it too much. That being said, if you have unlimited data at home it might not hurt to connect there so you can stream video content without affecting your mobile plan.
Download app on Apple device
One major difference with disneyplus.com login/begin which you should be aware of as a user, is that it’s not a streaming app. Instead, you have to download a separate app from Apple for use on iOS devices. First, head over to Apple’s App Store and search for Disney+ in order to locate and install it. Then open up iTunes or your preferred music playing app on iOS and navigate over to your Movies section. In that area, search for Disney+ whereupon it will give you a selection of films – all of which are free – from across its library of originals and other content.
Download app on Android device
If you want to download Disney Plus onto your Android device, you should head over to Google Play and search for Disney Plus. You will see an image of Pluto on top of a rocket. Click on it, and an option should appear that says Download. Then hit Install and wait until it installs. The app may take up 1-2GB depending on how fast you have your Internet connection. It took me less than 10 minutes though, so it won’t be much longer than that no matter what internet speed you have at home.
Thanks For Reading
More Read on: Spero Magazine