N-Acetyl Cysteine: An average person has about 3.4 grams of glutathione (GSH) in their body. It is a vital molecule that helps protect cells from damage. However, levels of GSH decline with age, which can leave people more vulnerable to disease and other health problems.
One way to help maintain adequate levels of GSH is to take a supplement that contains N-acetyl cysteine. It is a precursor to GSH, and taking it can help raise levels of this antioxidant.
If you are looking for a way to support your health and maintain adequate levels of GSH, then taking supplements like Pure Encapsulations NAC would be a great option. These supplements are a safe and effective way to improve your health and vitality. You can easily buy this product from reputed online health stores that sell top brands of supplements. This way, you can be sure you are getting a quality product at a reasonable price.
What is NAC?
N-Acetyl Cysteine is a derivative of the naturally occurring amino acid L-cysteine. It is a potent antioxidant that helps preserve cells from damage caused by free radicals and plays a vital role in supporting detoxification processes in the body.
What are the health benefits of taking NAC?
Some notables health benefits associated with taking NAC include:
- Respiratory Support – NAC is often used as a natural remedy for respiratory conditions such as bronchitis, asthma, and COPD. It helps dilute the mucus and makes it easier to expel from the lungs, which can help clear congestion and improve breathing. When used as a preventative measure, it can also help reduce respiratory infections’ frequency and severity.
- Cognitive Support – According to some research, NAC may help to improve cognitive function in people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. It is supposed to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, contributing to the cognitive loss seen in these situations.
- Liver Support – Some of the detoxification processes in the liver involve the use of glutathione, and NAC supplements such as Pure Encapsulations NAC can help boost levels of this antioxidant. It can reduce the risk of liver damage caused by toxins and may also aid in treating illnesses like fatty liver disease.
- Skin Health – As per the study of Women’s Health, this supplement can help improve the skin’s appearance by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress. It is also thought to help boost collagen production, which can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
How to take NAC?
The right dose of this health supplement will depend on several factors, including your age, health, and the reason for taking it. The recommended dosage of NAC is 600 mg per day. So, you can consume it in capsule form, usually 3 per day in divided doses with meals.
It is essential to start with the lower dosage recommendations and increase as needed. It can help mitigate the risk of side effects such as headaches, nausea, and dizziness. Nonetheless, it is advisable to consult a health care professional before taking any supplements.
When should you take NAC?
The best time to take it depends on the reason.
- If you are taking it for respiratory support, it is best to take it before exposure to irritants such as smoke or pollution.
- If you are taking it for cognitive support, the best time to take it is in the morning.
- And if you are taking it for liver support, the best time to take it is with meals.
You can buy these supplements from online stores that provide a range of top brands’ supplements. However, before purchasing any supplement, be sure to speak to a healthcare professional, especially if you have a medical condition.
MORE READ ON: SPERO MAGAZINE